Understanding consumer behaviours by learning to look
Our half-day course will give you a taste of the insights you can derive from watching people in context. We will bring you closer to your consumers by exploring how social practices underpin consumer behaviour. By building deeper connections with your target audience, you can engage with them more deeply and increase brand loyalty.
You’ll come away with a fresh perspective and some actionable steps you can use straight away in your work.
"Really interesting, interactive, and impactful workshop where you get to work with different kinds of people and get thinking and looking."
Who should attend
Anyone who wants to better understand their consumers such as marketing managers, brand directors, client strategists, product designers, product managers, and user researchers.
What you will learn
- Why seeing user/consumer lives in context is so important.
- How you can collect data quickly (we will conduct a 30 minute observation exercise in a pub!).
- What culture is and why it is important.
- How to start thinking about users/consumers from their perspective.
- How to use the data you’ve collected and turn them into insights.
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Explain the benefits of understanding consumer lives in context.
- Describe what culture is and why it's important.
- Conduct a basic observational exercise and turn your data into insights.
- Understand how to get closer to your consumers to build deeper connections.
How to book
We run the half-day courses on demand so get in touch if you'd like to attend. We can run it in-house at your work or at our training venue in Bristol.
You can also attend a taster workshop. Our last one was at The Famous Royal Navy Volunteer on Tuesday 18 June 6:30-8:30. (Ask us when we'll be running the next one.)
What people are saying
— "Really interesting, interactive, and impactful workshop where you get to work with different kinds of people and get thinking and looking."
— "It was really interesting to see how different the stuff we each saw was in the same place. I will now look for different things."
— "Opens your eyes to what you take for granted around you."
— "A reminder of the power of insight, to not assume and that collaboration gets you to a better place."
— "The workshop was excellent and good fun."
— "It’s a great opportunity to take a step back and reflect about people and their behaviour."
— "Very insightful. You don't realise how much you can learn from observation."
You might also be interested in our other training courses >> Doing ethnography